Mortuary Affairs has resources and services available to help you and your family through your time of loss.
Active Duty Members Entitlements:
• Preparation of deceased member
• Transportation of deceased from place of death to place of burial
• Military escort
• Authorized travel of Person Authorized to Direct Disposition, Next of Kin, to place of funeral outside of their local area
• Interment flag and hardwood flag case
• 21 Person Guard Detail
• Color Guard
• Firing Party
Dependents of Active Duty Members Entitlements:
• Transportation expenses to include the outside shipping container from place of death to place of internment
• Consulate fees for shipping documents and sealing the casket
• The sponsor or Person Authorized to Direct Disposition must pay the cost for care and disposition of the deceased.
Retiree Entitlements (when properly admitted to a military hospital):
• Transportation expenses from place of death to a point no further distant than the last permanent residence within the 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or US possessions and territories; interment in a government cemetery with honors at the place of interment.